Now the only way I can test the application is to publish it to my local IIS server (though I believe restarting my pc also fixes the problem).Using Visual Studio 2008 (9.0.30729.1) The things that have changed since I am certain it was working correctly is the operating system, from Vista x64 Home Premium Edition to Win 7 x64 Ultimate and I've moved the project source from c: to d:.So, I kept tweaking and testing, going through the file one worksheet at a time.
A workbook of mine that worked fine for several years, when using Excel 2003, suddenly refused to update all the formulas, after a switch to Excel 2010. When someone tells you that formulas aren't calculating, it's probably because the Calculation setting has been changed to Manual, instead of Automatic.
Even more mysterious, the calculations worked fine on some machines, but not others. That can happen if the first workbook that you open in an Excel session was saved as Manual calculation.
However, none of the shortcuts had any effect on the non-calculating cells in this workbook.
I also tried a macro that did a full calculation, and that didn't work either. Next I wrote a macro that replaced all the "=" signs at the start of all formulas in the workbook.
These formulas weren't sleeping, they were deceased!
I spent a considerable amount of time in Google, looking for other suggestions, but didn't find anything new.
So, I changed the named range to a worksheet reference, using cells on the same worksheet.
=IF(B7="",0, SUMIF(, E7,$D:$D)) Miraculously, that solved the problem!
Though I moved back to C: with the same negative results.